Project Management Officer – West & Central Africa
Title : Project Management Officer - West & Central Africa
Location : Yaounde - Cameroon
Applications deadline: June 23, 2022
The Project Management Officer will provide support in donor reporting, project implementation and delivery, and compiling project progress in relation to AWF’s strategic goals and objectives, with a focus on projects implemented in Central & West Africa. The position will be based in Yaoundé and report to the Senior Officer, Project Management.
· Support the Technical Advisors and Project Leads in developing detailed project plans and managing the lifecycle of project activities resulting in fulfillment of project objectives.
· Continuously track project activities due dates, expected deliverables, resources and budgets to ensure effective and efficient implementation of conservation projects.
· Update and maintain project implementation plans to reflect the most recent status.
Project Management and Delivery Support
· Conduct project progress assessments, identifying critical areas of slippage, status of activities and progress made towards achieving project impact/targets via Envisio .
· In liaison with the Senior Officer, Project Management train users of Envisio to ensure better use of AWF’s project management system.
· Lead adoption, implementation and capacitate teams to fully implement Envisio and ensure updates as required.
· Review means of verification documentation for quality assurance and ensure they are in line with donor requirements.
· Work with Budget and Grants Team to monitor spending of project activities and adjust work plans accordingly.
· Keep track of arising issues and risks in Central and West Africa, highlighting the impact to the overall project and escalate to Project Leads as required.
Reporting and Adaptive Management
· Document planned activity progress on a monthly basis and link to spending report shared by Budgets and Grants team.
· Contribute to the preparation of donor reports including review and analysis of implementation progress alongside approved budget spending.
· Maintain records of means of verification documentation to be used for donor reporting as evidence of activity execution.
· Support project managers in implementation, quality control and adaptive management of project activities implemented in project sites in Central & West Africa.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
· Assist Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team with tracking and following up on data collection requirements of each project, ensuring both donor and AWF compliance.
· Document summaries of key lessons learned for various projects in the course of implementation.
· Assist in providing orientation materials covering the project management system, AWF’s project management and implementation guidelines, roles, responsibilities and expectations for new project staff.
· Undertake other required duties as assigned by the Cameroon Country Director.
· Undergraduate degree in Project Management, International Relations, Business Administration, Environmental Studies or any closely related field.
· 5 years’ experience in project/program management.
· NGO experience preferred.
· Strong planning, coordination and analytical skills.
· Computer literacy to use all MS Office Packages i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
· Experience in project management software/system is an added advantage.
· Proficiency in report writing.
Fluency in French is an added advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply on AWF career website http://www.awf.org/about/careers or directly send their application with the position title as subject at :
APPLICATION DEADLINE : June 23, 2022